The testosterone replacement therapy is designed for restoring your testosterone hormone to be in normal level and it is administered through the patches or gels, injections. In the year 2015 the FDA have issued the guidance regarding the possible increased risk of the heart attack and stroke associated with the replacement therapy of the testosterone and this guidance advises the clinicians against the overuse of the testosterone therapy.
Before starting the testosterone hormone replacement therapy the user need to know about the possible risks and benefits of taking the treatment from your doctor. After undergoing the testosterone treatment many men with the low testosterone has reported with the improved energy levels and the mood and the testosterone replacement therapy can have the side effects and the long term risks and benefits are not known before starting the treatment. The treatment is suitable only for the men with the symptoms of low testosterone and the blood levels and after consulting the doctor you will get to know about the right testosterone therapy that suits to you.
Symptoms of having the low testosterone
The testosterone symptoms are sometimes obvious but they are also subtle and this hormone levels are declined naturally in men as their age increases but on the certain conditions it may also lead to the abnormal or low level. The following are the some of the symptoms of the low testosterone which includes.
- Low libido
- Poor energy level and fatigue
- Decreased muscle mass
- Facial and body hair loss
- Difficulty in concentration
- Low sense of well being
If a man has the symptoms of the low testosterone and the test reporting that he has the abnormally low testosterone level then the doctor may suggest the treatment which is suitable for you.
Different forms of the testosterone supplements
The testosterone replacement therapy is available in the different and several forms and by using these forms we can improve the testosterone levels in our body.
- Gels – Testim and the androgel comes in the small packages of clear testosterone gel and when you apply this gel on your skin and it will wrapped up directly through the skin. Fortesta, Axiron and Androgel also comes in a pump which delivers the amount of testosterone as prescribed by the doctor and the Natesto is also a type of a gel which you can apply inside your nose.
- Mouth patch – The striant is the tablet which sticks to the upper gums of the incisor, the tooth just to the left or right of the two front teeth and this can applied twice in a day in which it continuously releases the testosterone into your blood through the tissue of the oral.
Sometimes they decline to be at the abnormal levels leading to the complications like reduced energy, hyperthyroidism or hypo, sexual dysfunction and the adrenal fatigue. Implants and the injections Testosterone can also be injected directly into your muscles or this can be implanted as the pellets in your soft tissues and after implanting it in your body then it gradually absorbs the testosterone into the bloodstream.